Streetscape improvements to the Virginia Avenue corridor north of the airport were identified as the top priority project for the Aerotropolis in the Master Plan. The CIDs have launched a study for the portion of Virginia Avenue extending from College Park east through East Point, into Hapeville. This study will build on preliminary concepts created by Kimley-Horn & Associates for the corridor which include widened sidewalks, trees, benches and other pedestrian amenities, and reduced setbacks for storefronts from the sidewalk. The streetscape plan will solicit community feedback in the development of recommendations for future improvements to the area, and is anticipated to be complete in 2018.
- South Metro Advisory Committee with Clayton State University President, Tim Hynes – August 15, 2017
- Download the AACIDs Master Plan Executive Summary
- REPORT OF AIRPORT SOUTH COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT OF PROPOSED MILLAGE RATE
- AACIDs – No Board meeting, July 2017
- Landscaping improvements in the AACIDs